Friday, June 19, 2009

Nolan Michael Dowaliby - Always in our hearts



Today is the memorial service for Nolan Michael Dowaliby. He was born at just 26 weeks on June 8th. He fought hard and strong for three days, but sadly lost the fight on June 11th. His mom Ashley has asked us to celebrate his life instead of mourn his death. That little boy really touched more people than he or his family could ever know! I've shared his story with friends and family and I know I'm not the only one! Today, all of Nolan's Nestie Aunties all over the country are celebrating his life by wearing red and navy blue, because those were his favorite colors. If you would like to read about Nolan's story, visit Ashley's blog. I must warn you though, Ashley speaks from the heart and you can really feel your heart breaking right along with hers. I have been following the story for a little while now and I've felt happy with every bit of good news she received, sad by the bad news, and of course devastated by the end of his short life. I highly recommend everyone read it.

I would like to ask that if you read this, please say a prayer for the Dowaliby family. No parents should ever have to go through what they are doing today.

Nolan will always be in our hearts. His three days on this earth were spectacular. He brought so much happiness to his mom and dad and to everyone who knew of him. And for that, today we should celebrate!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment