Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I'll be no one else

One of the best pieces of advice I've ever gotten regarding dealing with people was from Seventeen magazine (I was in like 8th grade, give me a break!) The article was talking about what to do when you're really mad at your best friend, but don't want to say anything mean or hurtful to them. The author suggested that you write down in a letter what you would say to them if there were no negative repercussions to your words, but don't send it to them. I tried it a few weeks after reading the article and wow, did it work! It felt like such a release to get everything down on paper and out of my head! So I think that's partially what this blog will be. In it's entirety, it's going to be more or less a dumping ground for random thoughts, pictures, oh and my friend gave me the idea of putting recipes up...I just got an AWESOME new cookbook and I'm trying out tons of new recipes! Oh and also, since the vast majority of my close friends unfortunately do not live within driving distance, this might be a good way to keep my friends updated on what's happening in Nicole-land ;-) Soooooooo, without (much) further ado, here's my very first attempt to join the world of blogging!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment